Inside Business Development Manager
Sales Position in Charlotte, NC
The primary role of the Business Development Manager – Inside is to prospect for new BUILDER clients by networking, inside sales cold calling, social media networking, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. They will plan persuasive approaches and virtual pitches to convince potential clients to do business with the Company. They must develop a virtual rapport with new clients, set targets for sales, and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients. Business Development Managers work with mid and senior level management, as well as other staff. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the Business Development Manager’s responsibility to develop their pipeline of new business coming in to the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the Company can provide, and of the Company’s competitors.
New Business Development
- Prospect via internet, phone, and social media contact for potential new clients to develop these efforts into increased business.
- Conduct virtual cold calls as appropriate within their assigned geographic marketing area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities while growing, maintaining, and leveraging their network.
- Identify potential clients and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up and conduct virtual meetings between client Decision Makers/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches to overcome concerns and objections.
- Participate in pricing the Solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion, using a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the potential client.
- Virtually present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with staff to meet customer needs.
Business Development Planning
- Support industry functions such as association events and conferences, as appropriate, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the Company’s CRM (Salesforce) or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
- Track and record daily activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Ensure all team members represent the Company in the best light.
- Virtually conduct business development training and mentoring to builder client staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the Company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the Company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the Company’s performance.